Monday, October 26, 2009

One down, many more to go!

At this exact time last year, I was in the bridal suite getting my makeup and hair done. I wasn't nervous oddly enough. I was more concerned with taking my own pictures on my camera (go figure!). Of course I was wondering how everything that I had planned over the past eight months was going to turn out, but it wasn't taking over my mind. I was also thinking about the pending vacation (Puerto Rican honeymoon!), and having my soon-to-be husband by my side through everything in our lives.

Well, everything turned out beautiful. Although there were things that I would have liked to have been different, I still wouldn't trade that day in for anything else. This first year of marriage was wonderful. Some people say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. I can't say that I agree. It was a very smooth transition for us. People always ask me "How is married life?" I always say that it is great and that nothing has changed. I think that is the key to a happy marriage from my experience so far. If the two of you stay true to yourselves and don't try to be something/someone that you aren't, you are on the right track to many happy years together. It's beautiful to see couples that have been together for years and years that still act like young teenagers in love. That is what I want, and I feel confident that we will have. So to you, loving husband, happy anniversary!



photos courtesy of Marlo Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment